Joining the Team - Logistics and Travel - FAQ - Practices - Policies - Email Archive - History
mathleague.org is partnering with Star League's Bay Area A-Star program this year to provide training and practice space for our students. Thanks to A-Star for it's support.
ARML 2017 Information - Northern California and San Francisco Bay Area
Joining the Team
There are four steps to joining the SFBA/NorCal ARML team. If you are interested in going to ARML, complete all four steps:
1. Fill out the Information Sheet.
Fill out this form if you have any interest at all in ARML. It does not commit you to coming to ARML, nor does it reserve your spot on the team. Once you fill out the form, we will add you to the team email list, where we will send details about practices and important updates about the trip to the competition. Do this before paying ARML fees.
2. Read the FAQ and Policies.
Read the policy section carefully, as you will be required to agree to it when paying fees. You may skim the FAQ section if you are already familiar with how ARML works.
3. Pay the ARML fee.
The $350 ARML fee is non-refundable and represents your commitment to attending ARML. Once you have filled out the Information Sheet and paid, your spot on the trip is guaranteed. You cannot be placed on a team until you have paid. You have three options for submitting your payment:
1. Pay online using this link.
2. Mail a check for $350 (made out to Math League), to PO Box 622768, Oviedo FL 32762.
3. Hand it to Tim Sanders at the state championship on April 22 or at a practice. Students who participate in the mathleague.org California State Championship on April 22 AND hand Tim Sanders a check at the conclusion of the awards ceremony may pay a reduced fee of $320. Tim will not be attending all practices, so watch your email for updates on when you can hand in your payment in person. Do not give checks to any other member of the coaching staff.
π. Decide whether to attend the Blue Man Group show.
For those students who are interested, we will organize a bus trip to the Las Vegas strip on Saturday evening for a 7pm performance of the Blue Man Group show. Cost of this option is $65, and students should also plan to bring additional money for dinner. You may pay the $65 fee either by check or online, using the same options described above in step 3 (Pay the ARML fee).
4. Fill out the permission slip; have your parents sign and notarize it.
Permission slips can be submitted in two different ways:
1. Hand it to Tim Sanders or Moor Xu at the state championship April 22 or at a practice. Do not give permission slips to any other member of the coaching staff.
2. Mail it to PO Box 622768, Oviedo FL 32762.
Permission slips must be received by May 24th. Students who are missing a permission slip after that date may lose their spot on the team with no refund.
We expect that all students who complete steps 1, 2, and 3 by April 9th will be able to travel to ARML. We will also begin selecting elite teams on April 9th, so students paying after that date will be at a disadvantage. After April 9th, students will be added to the team on a first-come-first-served basis, and registration may close at any time. It is unlikely that registration will remain open past May 1st.
In the event that ARML does not have space for all students registering by April 9th, we will notify the team by email. Any students that we have to cut will receive a full refund of fees paid. This has never happened before, but space limitations at UNLV make it a possibility, albeit very unlikely.
Instructions for Chaperones
If you are interested in chaperoning the ARML trip, either as a parent or a Stanford or Berkeley student, fill out the Information Sheet. DO NOT PAY ANY FEES at this time. Coaching staff will contact you with more information.