Elementary District Playoffs
This page provides information regarding mathleague.org's district playoffs at the elementary level. Please note that the term "state" as used on this page may refer to a state, territory, province, or any analogous jurisdiction, and in Southeast Asia the term refers to the entire country.
Only students or teams who attained a high enough score at one of the qualifying rounds may compete at the district playoff (see this page for qualification details). Students may only sign up for the district playoff in the district where their school is physically located.
Any student whose total individual performance at the district playoff is among the top 10 at the student's grade level in the student's district or among the top 20 at the student's grade level across all districts in the state will be invited to compete in all events at that year's state championship. For any school whose sweepstakes performance at the district playoff is the highest in the school's division within the school's district or among the top 5 in the school's division across all districts in the state, all students who contributed to the school's sweepstakes score will be invited to compete in all events at the state championship. A student contributes to the school's sweepstakes score by either having one of the 4 highest individual point totals from the school or being a member of the school's top-scoring team on the team round. If two teams from the school have identical team test and borda scores, the tie will be broken by adding the individual scores of the team members.
District playoffs will be held in March and will use the test release number that ends in 26. Click here for the list where district playoff sites will be posted as they are confirmed. Below are the states where we hold district playoffs. Click on the links below to see the map of districts for each state.
- Northwest District (Blue counties in upper left of map)
- Northeast District (Yellow counties in upper right of map)
- Central District (Red counties in center of map)
- Southwest District (Yellow counties in lower left of map)
- Southeast District (Blue counties in lower right of map)
- St. Louis District (St. Louis City, St. Louis County, St. Charles County)
- NorCal District (Orange counties on map)
- East Bay District (Purple counties on map)
- Silicon Valley District (Pink counties on map)
- SoCal District (Green and Blue counties on map)
- North Texas District (Brown and Pink counties on map)
- Rio Grande District (Green counties on map)
- Central Texas District (Blue counties on map)
- Gulf District (Orange counties on map)
- Harris District (Harris County)
- West District (Blue counties on map)
- East District (Yellow and green counties on map, minus the City of Tucson)
- Tucson District (City of Tucson)
- Phoenix District (Maricopa County north of Salt River and Gila River)
- Mesa District (Maricopa County south of Salt River or Gila River)