Joining the Team - Logistics and Travel - FAQ - Practices - Policies
mathleague.org is partnering with AlphaStar Academy this year to provide training and practice space for our students. Thanks to AlphaStar for its support.
ARML 2022 Information - Northern California and San Francisco Bay Area
ARML (American Regions Math League) is the premier national competition for math teams, and is the largest, most prestigious, and probably most fun on-site math competition in the United States. mathleague.org organizes several teams of 15 talented math students to represent Northern California and the Bay Area at ARML each year, and we would like to invite interested students to submit an application to be on this year's team. This year's ARML meet is scheduled for June 3-4 in Las Vegas. We will travel to the University of Nevada-Las Vegas for ARML 2022, leaving on Thursday, June 2, and returning on Sunday, June 5.
The links on this page have all the information you'll need about the team. For general information about the ARML competition, check out the ARML website at www.arml.com. For other questions about the SFBA/NorCal team, the coaching staff can be reached at email@example.com. However, please read the FAQ before emailing.
Click here to view a recording of our April 22 info session.
We look forward to seeing you at ARML 2022!
Joining The Team
- Qualifications: Although we will organize our top students into two or three "elite" teams, ARML is open to any student who lives in our geographic region. We will organize students not selected for elite teams into several "regional" teams with other students from nearby schools. All team members will be able to participate fully in the competition.
- Cost: The total cost of participating in ARML this year will be $440, which covers contest registration, roundtrip bus/van transportation to Las Vegas, housing at UNLV, two meals on Saturday, and a team t-shirt. You are responsible for other meals and any spending money. Many school districts will cover all or part of a student's expenses to attend ARML; feel free to seek funding from your district or school, and contact us for an official letter to assist in doing so. We do not charge fees to participate in ARML Local, which we will be running in April during our regular practice.
- Signing up and payment: Follow instructions at this link. Be sure to read the policies and FAQ first.
- Deadlines: After filling out the application, students who intend to compete at ARML must pay the fee by April 27. This fee represents your firm commitment to participate in the competition and is nonrefundable. You may pay online by clicking the link at the top of this page. Any student accepted onto the team whose payment is received by April 27 will be guaranteed a spot on the team, after which positions will be filled on a rolling basis until the team is full or ARML's internal deadline passes, whichever is earlier.
- Parent volunteers: We may need to recruit a small number of parent volunteers to help at practices or on the trip to Las Vegas. If you are interested in doing so, follow the instructions for signing up. Coaching staff will contact you with more information if you are needed.
Mandatory Reading For Team Members
Before joining the team, you MUST read the two documents below.
- Policies: This covers details like transportation options, team selection procedures, and what happens if you decide not to go to ARML.
- FAQ: Covers a number of common questions about ARML, team rules, and logistics.
Preparing For ARML
- Practices: Attending practice is an important part of the ARML experience, and as such students should plan to attend weekly practices throughout April and May. Practice schedules will be posted online and announced by email. Fees are required only if a student intends to participate in the ARML competition. No fee is required for students to participate in practices through our organization.
- Elite team tryouts will be held independently of practices. We will begin selecting teams around the time when practices begin and will continue until all elite team spots are filled, so students registering after the selection process starts will be at a disadvantage. See the Policies for more information about team selection.
On The Road
- This year's ARML meet is scheduled for June 3rd and 4th at the campus of the University of Nevada - Las Vegas. Unless other arrangements are approved by the coaching staff, students will leave for ARML in the morning on Thursday June 2nd and return on Sunday June 5th, arriving back in the Bay Area in the evening. Specific transportation details will be finalized once we know how many students will be attending.
- Logistics: Read this page for detailed information on travel and other aspects of the ARML trip.