Purchasing* a mathleague.org membership for this school year will allow students in your school to participate in the (INTER)2 SECT contest (for middle school) or your state's championship round (for elementary or high school) if they qualify. By purchasing a membership your school also receives free entry for one team of students in our in-school round, which will be emailed to you and which you may administer in your school. The annual cost of a school membership is $30. Schools that have not yet paid for a membership may participate in our local qualifying rounds at any grade level, as long as a membership form is on file for the current school year.
*Note: starting from the 2018-2019 school year, all Title I schools in the US are eligible for a free membership in mathleague.org. We cannot offer discounts to the local qualifying contests, but this will give one team from your school a zero-cost chance to qualify for districts or state by completing the in-school test. Just put Title I in as the promo code and we will process the free membership once we verify your Title I status.
Steps in the process:
- Read our rules (elementary school, middle school, high school) to ensure that your school is actually a school. For example, after-school programs, tutoring centers, or community organizations are not schools, and mathleague.org imposes serious sanctions for individuals and schools who fraudulently misrepresent what school a student attends.
- Click here to see whether your school is already a member for this year. If the system shows no schools from your state, that does not mean our system is not working. It just means that, like you, everyone else is waiting until the last minute to sign up. :)
- Fill out the membership form located here. After the form is filled out you will be able to complete the process by paying your membership dues if you choose.
- Pay membership dues if appropriate. When you submit the membership form, you will receive an email with a link to process payment. If it is impossible to pay by credit card, you can mail a check payable to Math League to the address listed under the Contact link above. Please be advised, however, that payment by check may cause a significant delay in your receipt of the in-school round questions, as the questions will be emailed only after your payment is received.
- Once the tests are ready to be released you will receive an email containing this year's in-school round of qualifying tests, along with instructions for administering these tests to students in your own school. You can sign up more than one team of students for the in-school contest if you wish by paying a grading fee of $5 per student beyond the first team. If you sign up for a membership after the tests are released, we will process your membership and get the tests to you as quickly as we can. To minimize delays in this process, you should sign up for a membership as early as possible each year. The deadline for submitting in-school test entries will be January 15 for middle schools, February 15 for elementary schools and March 15 for high schools.
- Troubleshooting. If you have any technical difficulties with the membership process, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.